Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas family and friends! I hope you are all safe and keeping travel to a minimum. We are so surprised with the pictures we are getting of the snow out west! It is beautiful but a pain for travel.

Here is a picture of our stockings. My wonderful Aunt Marian makes these stockings for all new family members. I have had mine for as long as I can remember and when Simon and I got married my mom told me to take my stocking and Aunt Marian made one for Simon. I love the detail that she puts into them. If you notice I even have something in my stocking...wonder what it is?

Last night Simon and I went to play trivia at Ottos with the trivia team (Simon is not a regular member on the team but filled in one seat for two regular members who are in Canada for the holiday). I have been going to trivia with the team since the summer. I have earned the nickname Lucy. We had so much fun last night! We tied for first place and proceeded to go into triple overtime. I was pretty hot when it came to Christmas movie trivia but then was killed in the last speed round when we had to put 10 Christmas movies in chronological order. Eek! Simon also earned the new nickname Perseus Montana. Ask him about it sometime.

Today we ventured out in the ice (had a huge ice storm last night) to Wegmans, Target and the wine store. We had to get a few things for our trip (sunblock, Imodium...all of the necessities for Mexico). We will head out to DC on the 26th and then will fly out of Reagan on the morning of the 27th. We have our passports ready, have confirmed out hotel reservations, arranged transport from the airport to the hotel, and have caught up on things around the house.

Tonight we will go to Christmas mass and then over to Larry and Patti's for their open house. Tomorrow we have plans to cook, relax, and pack.

Simon and I wish you all a very merry Christmas. We love you and we miss you all!

!Feliz Navidad!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sean and Belinda said...

Merry Christmas!! Love your stockings! Sean and I haven't had the chance to get stockings for ourselves, but maybe we'll get it taken care of by next Christmas.

Have fun in Mexico!! Sounds awesome right now! Enjoy the sun and warmth while you can.

Love you both and travel safe!

Eric Snyder said...

Lacy:
I have a new book suggestion for you. "Man in the Dark" by Paul Auster. You will love it. Hope you guys had a great trip. Take care, Eric