I had a feeling like this short trip to AZ was going to be problematic in terms of travel...
My flight this morning was supposed to leave State College at 6:00am. Can I just tell you all how much I hate early flights! Last night we had an ice storm, or something called a "wintery mix". This is a bit of snow, slush, sleet, rain, and freezing rain combined. I knew it was bad when I could hear the ice hitting the gutters outside of our bedroom window last night. Anyway, I checked my flight this morning at 4:00 am and the US airways website reported that it was a go. So Simon dropped me off at the airport where I proceeded to sit. Turns out that there was a mechanical issue with the plane. The intercom wasn't working. They had another plane sitting on the the runway so we just took that one instead. Being the cautious traveler that I am I checked to see if I was going to make my connecting flight and the agent informed me I would be fine...well then we proceeded to sit on the runway for over an hour and then had to de-ice...
Okay, so I finally get into Philly at 8:30...I missed my connection...and they rebooked me through Charlotte this afternoon at 3:30...then my flight will leave Charlotte for Tucson at 8:10 and I will finally get in at 10:30 (AZ time) tonight.
Fun day huh?
On top of all of that they charge you for Internet access in the Philly airport.
Okay, here are the positive things...I'm going to AZ, this is a good thing, it is warmer there than it is here. I do have a lot of reading to do today, so a little time in the airport won't kill me...and I am really grateful for my 9 hour lithium laptop battery. Yes, I will need to plug in a bit later but in the meantime I'll be online...I should probably be reading...
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment