Sunday, December 14, 2008

DC Trip: Cupcakes and Music

Last weekend Simon and I went to DC. It was a short trip but we were really glad that we went. Our trip started off with Simon forgetting his wallet at home...that was the beginning. Anyway, I'll share a few of the highlights of the trip. When we got to DC we drove to Mike and Priti's place, jumped on the metro and spent a few hours in Georgetown. There we went to this photo exhibit of photos from 1976. Simon informs that that this was "his year". Anyway, a lot of tragic things happened in 1976 and this was a pictorial history. It was so disturbing that I had to leave.
After spending a few minutes in the exhibit we went to Georgetown cupcake. Oh such a yummy experience. Look at this line! It was really cold out, but they were handing out free hot chocolate to all of the die hards who stood in the 40 minute line for a taste of cupcake heaven.
Then we went to see my grad school friend and colleague Caitlin perform in Handle's Messiah (National philharmonic). It was fabulous! Following the performance we spent some time catching up, before catching the metro back into Crystal City (Arlington national cemetery, Pentagon).
Simon and I stayed for most of the day on Sunday and then drove back home. It was great to see friends and be there for them in a time of need, are thoughts are with them.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jenni said...

wow those look really good and you look very cute! I like your dress and hair.

Your Thanksgiving looked amazing too!

Lacy & Simon said...

I would highly suggest going to Georgetown cupcake if you get the chance. It is the best DC has to offer for cupcakes!
Thanks for the comment about the dress. It was a really fun little number that I'm looking forward to wearing out again!