Saturday, December 20, 2008

30 hours...

Just a quick update so you all don't think that I'm still stuck in the Philly airport (it is possible). I made it home safely last night. Amazingly I wasn't delayed due to the nasty weather in the east. I did quick calculation while on one of my flights that I had been gone for approximately 60 hours and spent 30 hours in planes and airports.
In case you are wondering, my trip to AZ was really good. Tucson was great and I was so impressed with Eric's lab. I did see some snow on the Catalina mountains. So beautiful!
Okay, in the midst of prepping for my trip and getting work completed in lab I haven't done a thing for the holiday. Today I'm going to put up the tree, go wine hunting, and make something yummy. I also hope to get a few packages in the mail to the fam back in OR and CO (I have to go buy the stuff for the packages first. Sorry for the delay, hopefully the packages will get to you by Epiphany.

3 comments:

Eric Snyder said...

Sweet. It was wonderful to see you. My friends and co-workers were impressed with you! Good luck on the hunting expedition tonight. Try to tag some from the Paso Robles area, they seem to have the best meat. I hope you kill a lot of wine. All my best to you and simon for X-mas. Eric

Grant Factor said...

Glad you made it back safe! Sounds like you were well received (not surprisingly).

I will have to get up to speed on this "wine hunting" thing...

Happy Holidays!

G

Sean and Belinda said...

Hey Lacy! Great to hear you made it home safe and sound, but that is crazy how much time you actually spent travelling. Thanks for the good travel karma that you're sending Sean. He'll need all the good thoughts he can get!

Lets chat soon...would love to hear about your trip to AZ! =)