Simon and I made it back from Mexico safely. We had a few adventure with airports but for the most part the travel was uneventful. As a whole the trip was really fun! We stayed at the best hotel ever! We met great people, enjoyed yummy food, walked around a lot (one day we walked ~6 miles along the beach), hiked up to the highest lighthouse in the world, listened to live jazz, and even managed to spend some time on the beach and by the pool.
We are staying the next day with our friends in DC, just catching up and taking in a site or two.
As and aside, traveling is so much fun but also challenges our ideas and sometimes pushes our levels of comfort. One of the things I like most about travel is coming home. Weird huh? I love to see new things and experience new places but they make me appreciate my home. I think I have an element of my homebody mom in me.
2 comments:
Welcome home! I was going to call you today, but if you're in DC with friends, I'll wait a few more days. Can't wait to hear about your trips to AZ and Mexico!
Great to hear about your trip. I'm glad you had a good time. Did Simon take pictures of the beach.
Post a Comment