Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday and Shoes

I have a thing for shoes. I love them! I love wearing them and buying them. People tease me that I must have hundreds of pairs of shoes. I have to admit I do have a nice collection. However, I tend to buy good shoes and wear them a lot. I have this love hate relationship with a certain pair of shoes, a nice black maryjane clog dansko. While I have worn them all over the place (Ireland, Mexico, both coasts of the US) they sometimes trip me (I'm not really that clumsy), and they were the pair that I was wearing when I sprained my foot a few years ago (running in tippy clogs is not something I recommend). They were also getting kind of scuffed and really worn. (Too scuffed and nasty to wear with dress pants)
Today I was having a hectic morning. Simon was running late (still not feeling 100% sleepy head who realized he had to shave and dress nice for work at 8:00 this morning), we had an extra hurdle added to our communing together since Simon has an event for MLK Jr day tonight, and I had to run to the hospital to pick up lab supplies for an experiment today. Then after I dropped Simon off at his office, parked the car and began walking from the structure my shoe broke. I was pissed! I came into the lab and tried to fix the shoe with a 5 pound weight. That worked for about an hour. At this point I need to start my pilot experiment and I decided my day was going bad enough I wasn't going to chance it and called off my experiment. So, then I decided that I would just go downtown after lunch and buy a new pair shoes (picture me limping around on a broken pair of clogs through the snow and slush).
I found my new (almost exactly the same) shoes and thought that I'd chance it to see how long my old shoes would hold up. I didn't want to get my new shoes all yucky in the snow and ice. Well, two steps out of the shoe store and my old shoe broke beyond repair and my stockinged foot went into the slush.
It has been a Monday, but I have a brand spanking new pair of black maryjane danskos that are suitable for wearing with dress pants.

5 comments:

Sean and Belinda said...

See, there is a silver lining to an otherwise crazy day! I love my danskos too...good choice!

Sorry that I missed the picture vote. Both were fab, but I actually favored #1. Maybe its because Sean and I both wear glasses too and I like the look. Needless to say, your picture is great! Looking forward to seeing the new webpage!

nicole said...

i'm sorry you had a crummy day! hope tomorrow is better!

burggie77 said...

I did not know you liked shoes that much. Good to know. You should buy 2 pairs and they will last longer by giving them a rest.

Anonymous said...

this is simon. Yes lacy likes shoes, but don't think of her as a white Imelda Marcos. She doesn't have that many. the interesting thing is that she even likes to shop for shoes for me and tries to get me to buy new ones. It's nice that she looks out for the welfare of my feet.

Sean and Belinda said...

Lacy, another really cute brand of shoe is Camper (www.camper.com). You should check it out, I think you would love it! Their shoes are normally sold in specialty shoe shops.