Monday, January 5, 2009
Things that make you go hmmm and YUCK!
I don't know why I feel inclined to share this but here goes. Upon returning from our Mexican vacation I developed this very itchy spot on my ankle. It is the itchiest thing I have ever had in my life. So, then this raised blister came up, doesn't look so much like a bug bite, more like a blister. I went into work today and asked our nurse practitioner about it. She said it was a shame that I didn't know what I'd gotten into in Mexico but to buy some claritin and hydrocortisone cream and watch this yucky itchy thing. She also suggested doing some research about travel skin diseases. After an evening with my laptop I think I may have contracted something from a sand flea on the beach that causes really itchy cutaneous ulcers. YUCKY! Could also be a case of cutaneous hook worms from infected dog poo on the beach. DOUBLE YUCKY! I'm never walking barefoot in the sand again! So with that, and my foot still being incredibly itchy (only minimally relieved with the crap I bought at the store), I think I will call my physician tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i'm so sorry!! all i can say is I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! i hope you have relief soon!
Pobrecita!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
Besos
Between your experience and that of Grant and Nicole, I am dreading going to Mexico in May!
Post a Comment