Monday, September 1, 2008

Wandering Jew Plant


In the middle of July we had our back deck refinished. We had to move all of our plants from the back deck to the front porch and back again once the deck dried. During the move my Wondering Jew plant lost a few of its leaves. I rescued the bigger sections and tried to start them in a vase in the house. They were dead when we got back from Colorado. Today as I was watering the plants I found that one of the leaves that I had left for dead on the other side of our front sidewalk had taken root and is prospering. Simon now thinks that the Wondering Jew is an invasive species. Apparently it is native to Southern Mexico and it is gaining popularity because it grows easily and prevents soil erosion. It doesn't do well in the cold so I suspect the little sprout will be dead in a few weeks when we start experiencing Pennsylvania fall nights.
I didn't do any more painting today...but we did go see a movie for the first time in a long time. We went to see Hamlet 2. It was stupid! The highlight of the movie was the musical number, "Rock me sexy Jesus". If you are temped to see this, go see something else and wait until you can catch the highlights of this one on TV. Not even Netflix worthy! Yet, I did laugh...

No comments: