Saturday, August 30, 2008

Master Bath Paint Project


Okay, so this is pretty lame, but Simon has the camera at his student retreat so I couldn't take a picture of the master bath in all of its newly painted glory. I will post a photo after he gets home. I still have a few touch ups to do.

This is the color I picked for the bathroom. It is called babbling brook. It looks a lot bluer on the walls, almost a teal blue but for some reason the virtual paint chip is green.
I spent the day running around town gathering paint supplies and a few new things for the bathroom (new shower curtain, a soap dish, and a new toilet paper holder) and then painting. After all of that I didn't like the shower curtain I bought (pictured here). I made the bathroom look too dark. The paint color is closer to the blue in the curtain. It was a good thing that I didn't get the matching towels! So at 8:00 tonight I went back out to get a new shower curtain. I opted for a plain white curtain with a few lace embellishments. It is pretty simple. Our grey towels and rug look really nice. It has a spa-like feel.
If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow I may paint my home office...hmmm on second thought going to the movies sounds like a better idea!

1 comment:

jenni said...

I like that color! did you paint the study?