
Simon and I decided to take my mom to one of the local community theatres in town. We were very fortunate that one of my favorite Stephen Sondheim musicals was playing during my mom's visit. We didn't know exactly what to expect. It turned out to be a great show with strong leads in an interesting location. This barn from the Boal Mansion (which we toured earlier in the week) was converted into a theatre in the round
and has been in operation as a community theatre for 50 years. We all enjoyed the show and continued to sing our favorite songs, including I Feel Pretty, Tonight, A Boy Like That..., throughout the weekend. I was thinking that maybe next year I would dig out the theatre geek buried in my past (remember Smiley Smidgen from Run the the Round House Nellie, Della from The Gift of the Magi, the old lady who played the piano, crazy lady who lost her pearls, and don't forget aspiring Broadway star from my senior project) and exercise the non-science side of my brain. Just a thought, but if I do it you will all have to come out to watch! Is the theatre geek still alive in there and do I have the guts to do it?


No comments:
Post a Comment