Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trip to Boulder-Wine Blending Bar

Is there anything better than science and wine? I think not!
Simon and I went to this great wine blending bar in Boulder, CO last week. The wine maker made suggestions as to the proper balance of cab sov, merlot, and cab franc. Then you adjusted depending on individual preference. Simon and I did it together until we perfected our blend. It was so much fun!
Boulder was a lot of fun! We enjoyed the scenery, the food, and even ran into an old lab mate (Adam who worked in the Minson lab as an undergrad) downtown. In the morning we had breakfast at a great little coffee shop and people watched. Boulder reminds me of Eugene.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

nicole said...

what happened to your wrist??

Lacy & Simon said...

Too much damn typing (grants, papers, and lectures)! I wish I had a better story to tell but I've been braced for almost a month for either 1) a very unusual case of tennis elbow or 2) radial tunnel sydrome (nerve impingement). I go back to the ortho next week. The lesson here is to practice good ergonomics and take frequent breaks.

nicole said...

you are an animal =)

hope it feels better!