Last weekend Simon and I enjoyed the arts festival in State College. Every year about 200 artists set up booths to sell and display their work. You can find everything from hand crafted shoes to quilts, pottery, paintings, photos, pastels...pretty much anything you can think of. In addition, they have concerts at 4 different locations around town and they do this gigantic sand castle. Every year it is something different.We had a great time wondering around the booths at arts fest and talking with the artists. We bought a beautiful mosaic mirror for the house. I love it! I also bought Simon a small pastel to hang in his art room. We visited with a potter that we see every year and got two new mugs and finally we bought a photo of the beautiful PA fall colors.
We thoroughly enjoyed arts fest but it was soooo hot!
This weekend we are catching up on some work-related projects to get ready to go to Colorado in a few days.
Simon and I are excited to see Reece and Nolan (Heath and Andrea too). We will be spending most of our time in Fort Collins but will travel to Boulder for a day. I'm giving a talk at CU and will be meeting with some of the faculty at CSU to consult on a project. Then (the real reason we are there) we will celebrate Nolan's 4th birthday with him. Good times!


2 comments:
You two are lookin' good! Enjoy Colorado!
G
Hey Lacy and Simon! Great to see your updates on the blog. I need to do the same, and will do so once my thesis is finished. You both look great!! Glad you are enjoying your summer!
~Belinda
Post a Comment