This week hasn't been particularly eventful. We did make plans to go to DC during the first weekend of December go to the National Philharmonics performance of Handle's Messiah. It is Simon's favorite and my friend Caitlin is singing in it! We did go out last night with some friends. The night started off watching the State High Football game (Simon didn't go to the game). The Little Lions are in the state playoffs. They won by a lot. Then we went to our local brew pub for a few drinks and some eats. We laughed so hard that I may have peed my pants a little. Much fun!
Our weekend goal is to make plans for Europe for Christmas and to figure out the Thanksgiving menu. I love making Thanksgiving dinner but I like to make a few dishes that are really good as opposed to all of the traditional dishes. It is just way too much food for the two of us (and the one or two guests we may have). I'm thinking of turkey, dressing, cranberries, roasted asparagus, and parm mashed potatoes. Then for dessert I'm going to attempt a chocolate cheesecake with a cranberry compote. Simon will also want me to make sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. I'm thinking that I'll just make those some other time. Any other suggestions?


No comments:
Post a Comment