Monday, November 17, 2008

1st Real Snow

Today we had our first real snow that stuck to the ground. We have been have a few flurries for the past couple of days but today the snow flakes were big and stuck to my eyelashes.
For those of you that have never visited the PSU main campus this is toward the east end of campus. Yes, we have livestock barns and if the wind is blowing in the right direction it smells like cow. The nice thing is that Simon and I live back behind these fields and we can go from our neighborhood out into wooded areas and corn fields in no time. I never thought I would say that!
I'm attempting to stay warm. I haven't taken my fleece jacket and scarf off all day. I'll try to do a better job dressing myself for the cold tomorrow.
I have a pet peeve. Here goes, I have to teach tomorrow, meaning that I need to look somewhat professional because I am very close in age to my students and yet I'm their instructor. Here is my peeve, why are so many professional looking things for women so cold to wear? A turtleneck just doesn't look that great. Let's face it turtlenecks are matronly but yet they keep me warm (admittedly the turtleneck will choke me crazy by noon). Perhaps this means that I need to go shopping for a more layered look. However, one of my students commented last week that she didn't think it was time to wear two sweaters yet. I said, "Is it that obvious that I'm freezing?". Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Sean and Belinda said...

Lacy, you and I both know that Ann Taylor has all the answers! I just surfed their website...they have some beautiful cashmere sweaters which would be perfect for you. Plus, every woman should have something in cashmere. =) I think a nice ribbed turtleneck would look nice. Maybe you could even wear that under a suit jacket?

Are you wearing your new wool coat that you got from Ireland?

Eric Snyder said...

Move to arizona.

Lacy & Simon said...

Belinda,
You definitely have the answer! I will have to look for some new sweaters. I love the wool coat from Ireland! I wear it all the time. I've considered one of those big down sleeping bag coats. I could double as a sleeping bag for long days in the lab...
E-,
warmth, sun, and being west of the MISS are +'s for AZ :)-, keep working your magic!

burggie77 said...

Lacy, wear silk underwear, they are great and not bulky. You will love it. It will keep you warm.

burggie77 said...

Great picture of the fields. I had no idea that it looked like that. It reminds me of Coburg.