This weekend was pretty uneventful. We did go to the movies and ended up seeing separate movies. Our festival and Miss America friends thought it would be fun to try to see all of the Oscar nominees so we were invited to a group movie night. On the way to the movies Simon found out we were going to see Benjamin Button and refused to go see it, so he went to see Slumdog Millionaire instead by himself. Next week when I go see Slumdog I guess he will have to see it again. For those of you who know Simon I think he agreed to go to the movies because of the post-movie plans to go for beer. Reminds me of the time that Simon and Brett brought in bottles of beer into the dollar movie theatre in Eugene. Crazy boys! Anyway, our friends commented today that Simon marches to the syncopated beat of his own drummer.
For those of you that are interested, I liked Benjamin Button. It was very well done, but it was really long. I appreciated the creativity and uniqueness of the plot. Brad was also pretty hot.
I also made a really yummy porter stew with Irish brown bread on Sunday. Simon really liked it but had to close his eyes and I poured a whole bottle of beer into the stew...are you sensing a theme here...it was totally worth it.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, Simon is "loco" I am glad I did not know about him taking the beer to the movies.
This is simon;
my movie was great. will i see it again? im not sure. maybe i'll stay at home and paint instead.
lacy's stew and the bread she made were great. for breakfast she put salmon on the bread with cream chese. !Que Delicioso!
Post a Comment