Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February in Review

Okay, I've been so bad about posting this month. Sorry! Things have been CRAZY to say the least. I can't talk much about why things are so crazy now, but I have a story to tell later. What I can say is that I've had some career developments this month and all of my traveling, getting stuck in airports, giving talks, and selling science is going to pay off. More later...

In other news...I went to an Oscar party on Sunday night and have been totally drained! Since when has staying up until midnight every night on the weekend kicked my butt so badly?

This weekend Simon and I are hosting a Zin tasting and tapas party. It seemed like a really good time of year for a Zin tasting and a good excuse to get the festival gang together. I have decided to make tortilla espanola, spicy camerones, and a flour less chocolate cake, and then I'll pick up some bread, cheeses, olives, and hummus. Any other ideas? Once again we will have several Zins, put them in numbered paper bags and have people write down their tastes, preferences, and potential food pairing. Always a good time.

I'll post the pictures later...

3 comments:

Sean and Belinda said...

Wow, your party sounds fantastic!! I wish that I could be there. Everything you plan to make sounds incredibly delicious!

Grant Factor said...

glad to hear things are paying off (not the late nights)! Hope all is well. I'm VERY curious about what I've missed...

G

Anonymous said...

this is Simon. I didn't take any photos at the party for lacy to post. in all fairness to me, though, lacy aske me to not go too crazy with the camera. and I did have my hands full with food, wine and a wine scoring sheet.

we did have fun and went to bed really late. we hope to get some sleep this weekend. it's spring break! we are taking monday and Tuesday off. then lacy goes to boston.