Monday, May 19, 2008

House Projects

Simon and I have been in our townhouse for almost 1 year!
At first we were a little reluctant to take on big projects in the house. It seemed like enough work just getting settled and finding furniture for all the new room we had.
Well, we are really enjoying the place and have decided to do some home improvement projects. For the past 2 weekends we have been painting. We started out by painting the kitchen and the dining room a the color autumn fog. Simon said it looks like the color of the milk if you put blueberries in your cereal.
Paiting the kitchen inspired me to paint the living room. So, the following weekend I was back a Lowe's mixing and buying more paint. The living room is a light sage green. We wanted to keep the color light because the living room only has windows on one side. The color has really brightened up the place and contrasts very nicely with the white trim. I love it!
Our next painting projects will be upstairs. I think I am going to hire someone to come in to paint the stairwell and our vaulted ceilings in the bedroom. I think we are going to go with another bluish green color in our bedroom and maybe something a little richer for the stairwell and the hallway.
In addition to painting, I have been planting flowers outside. I planted a huge hydrangea which is just beginning to flower. I also planted a bunch of lillies. I have been feeding them and comparing the size of my plants to my neighbors plants (a very scientific study of plant growth). I also just planted two seed packets of sunflowers (red and yellow). I think we are going to be overrun with sunflowers in a month.

No comments: